Asbestos Tile Removal
Always Get Reliable and Safe Asbestos Tile Removal from Professionals
If you have noticed signs of asbestos in your home, the chances are high that you need asbestos tile removal services from our team. We can help you investigate for traces of the material and assist you in removing it safely. Enjoy a safer home and worry less about asbestos contamination when you choose Asbestos South East Sydney.
What You Should Know About Asbestos and Our Floor Removal Services
Most homeowners don’t even realise that they have an asbestos problem until they have already started experiencing symptoms brought on by exposure. To help you better understand when you should consider getting professionals in to investigate for asbestos, consider the following:
- If builders built your home before the 80s, it has a higher chance of containing asbestos. The reason for this increased chance of asbestos is simply because people did not yet understand how harmful the substance was during those years.
- If you suspect you might have asbestos in your home, you should under no circumstances disturb the material or try to remove it yourself. Undisturbed asbestos is of no threat. The problem comes from disturbing it, which causes the fibres to become airborne. During this process, you are prone to inhaling the substance, which can lead to serious health problems.
- It is always a better option to remove asbestos than it is to seal it up. While sealing it up or even repairing it may be less costly, you will have to remove it eventually, and it’s not worth the health risks that come with it.
A Brief History of Asbestos Tile and Floor Usage in Construction
When we understand the history of asbestos, we also have a better idea of where we might encounter it and why. Here are some interesting facts about asbestos that you might not have known:
- The word asbestos comes from the Greek word for inextinguishable. This name is apt given the highly fire-retardant properties of asbestos, which is also one of the primary reasons it was so popular in various fields, from construction to the military.
- More than 60 countries to date have banned the use of asbestos, which proves how dangerous it can be for people. The main reason for this is, of course, the health risks that come with asbestos exposure. Millions of people risk exposure every day, and more than 90000 people die of exposure every year.
- There are various kinds of asbestos that do not necessarily resemble one another. It’s important to know this because what you might think is not asbestos due to its colour might be a different variation. The six types include chrysotile, amosite, tremolite, actinolite, crocidolite, and anthophyllite.
About Our Team and Our Services for Asbestos Tile Floor Removal
We want everyone to have a safer home through our services that can help you remove asbestos tile or roof contamination. We can help educate our clients to understand better when they are at risk and consider getting professionals to their residence for in-depth investigation. If you think you are at risk of asbestos, give us a call so that we can come to investigate properly and remove the contaminant from your home.