Trust Us for Reliable Asbestos Disposal
During the 1950s, 60s, and 70s, asbestos was prominent in materials for buildings, equipment, ships, trains, and cars throughout Australia. It wasn’t until 2003 that friction products and gaskets stopped featuring the hazardous material. The dust and fibres from asbestos are dangerous and moving components that feature asbestos around without using the correct techniques can spread those fibres in the air. For this reason, it’s essential to hire a professional for asbestos disposal. Asbestos Sutherland is one such organisation that has the license and experience to handle this asbestos eradication and removal.
What You Should Know About Asbestos Waste Disposal
Historically, construction companies used asbestos in the development of various structures, which is why there are still traces of it in some components such as pipes, crawlspaces, and insulations, to mention a few. Since asbestos is illegal in Australia, if you find that your property features some traces of the material, it’s advisable to hire a professional to dispose of the asbestos responsibly.
- If you have been feeling the respiratory effects of the fibres, it’s best to speed up the process. The first step you should take is to inspect your home for asbestos through a reputable contractor. The company you hire will devise a proper management plan to remove the asbestos. You may have to temporarily move away from home to allow the contractor to demolish the relevant asbestos elements, especially if there is a significant amount.
- Before removing your clothing, tools or other gear from the asbestos-centric area, the contractor should decontaminate them using the wet or dry method depending on the level of contamination, practicality, and presence of electrical hazards. Items that you can’t decontaminate, you must place in a seal-tight container and attach an ‘approved’ label on the top.
- Some tools and equipment may not be salvageable, in which case it’s more practical and easier to dispose of it to acquire a new set. Of course, this largely depends on the level of contamination that your asbestos removal contractor can advise.
What to Expect from Asbestos Sutherland Regarding Asbestos Demolition
When you require a reputable company to remove your asbestos around the Sutherland Shire, we’re the contractor for you.
- The services we provide are safe and compliant. We have the necessary authority in the form of the EPA license and NSW asbestos contractor license. As a result, you can have peace of mind that you’re collaborating with our team for this type of project.
- We supply realistic no-cost quotes and inspections for the removal of asbestos. Furthermore, whether you need us to remove and dispose of a single kilogram or 100 kilograms of asbestos, we’ll offer a competitive minimum rate for non-EPA registered residents.
- As a contractor with vast experience in the industry, we’re aware of the safest disposal methods, and we’ll transport the asbestos to an EPA-approved landfill where the appropriate authorities will remove it.
About Asbestos Sutherland
We have over a decade of experience in asbestos removal and are now one of the leading companies in the Sutherland Shire. We’re a family operation that provides a service that is second to none.
Contact us if you’d like to discuss your requirements.